Wednesday 21 July 2010

Bunting

I've been wanting to make a card with 'bunting' for a while now 'cos I know it's all the rage. Well, last night I finally got round to it. It's not quite how I imagined in my head but I'm quite pleased with it all the same.

I was trying for a beachy washed out sort of look and found these papers which fit the bill perfectly.

I stamped my Penny Black image 'high spirits' onto off white textured card and coloured with Prisma pencils. I then stamped the flower from the image 4 times, coloured and cut out to use as embellies. The papers are a double sided 12x12 sheet 'Boardwalk, Poolside' by Little Yellow Bicycle (and has the most gorgeous textured linen feel).

I am entering this card into the photo inspiration challenge over on Sweet Stampin'.


I'm off now to open a little package of contraband that arrived today!

13 comments:

Jacilynn said...

too cute! That banner i perfect. love it.
x

Jacilynn said...

too cute! That banner i perfect. love it.
x

Dragonlady said...

Hi Liz

It has worked beautifully, love the washed out look too.

Hugs Ali x

Faye said...

Ooooh, illegal packages, how exciting. I think you've achieved the washed out look perfectly and I love the fab bunting. Thanks for playing at Sweet Stampin. x

Unknown said...

ohhh such a sweet card..totally love the washed out beech feel...

Thanks for playing at sweet stamping xx

Debs said...

Oh Liz this is totally fabulous.
I love the bunting - might have to give that a go - thanks for the inspiration.
Take care
Debs xx

Joey said...

Hiya Liz Hun

GORGEOUS card I love your use of the bunting, and those papers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at sweet stampin

Joey.x

Unknown said...

Hi Liz, fab card, beautiful layout & colours! I know what you mean about the bunting thing going on have been thinking the same too! Fab Job Big Hugs Jo xxxx

debby4000 said...

Oh this fab Liz, love the bunting.
luv
Debby

melsanford said...

Fab card! Love the bunting and the colours. Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Georgia said...

Wow, I love your card Liz! The bunting is a great idea and I really like the cute image and bright, summery colours! :) Love, Georgia xx

Val said...

Really imaginative and bright - just right. Thanks for joining Sweet Stampin' this week. Hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Valx

Tasha said...

Oh my goodness this is hands down my faourite card, i love it! The bunting idea is awesome and i LOVE the paper you have used its so yummy! Super image too
love tasha xx