Tuesday 10 May 2011

just wanted to say.....

My design kit this month from Simply Create included this Hero Arts stamp 'little fancy bird'. So I fancied doing a bit of experimenting. After looking on you tube for some inspiration I decided to make my own piece of background with distress inks and embossing.

So first I heat embossed my 'happy definition' background stamp with white powder onto watercolour paper. Then I inked up 'silhouette flower' with distress inks and spritzed it with a little water. Then I stamped, coloured and cut out the little bird and attached to the centre of my panel. Finished off by adding twine, a button and the sentiment.

I'm rather pleased with myself!

Three challenges are perfect for my creation......

Creative Inspirations....embossing

Allsorts.....use at least three different stamps. I used five, all Hero Arts.

CAS-ual Fridays
....texting skills. I used 'happy definition' to make my background.

And finally, big wave hello to my new followers! Great to see some new faces over there on my sidebar. Hope you like what you see!

25 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi Liz. Beautiful. Love the design and that bird is so sweet. Love the colour of the background. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xx

kelly ledder said...

Love that bird and what you have created x

Wishcraft said...

Looks gorgeous Liz, love the background you've made :o) Lisa x

Anonymous said...

Brilliant background Liz and such a lovely card. xx

Zoechaos said...

Great mixture of stamps and love the colours XOXO Zoe

Mrs A. said...

And so you should be. Love the simple design on this card. Ace.
Hugs Mrs A.

Vicky said...

A beautiful creation Liz...and the birdie is so sweet!

hugs Vicky xx

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Liz, this is so lovely, fab background you've created and cute little birdie.

Donna x

Dragonlady said...

Hi Liz

I love your background, works really well. Hope you are OK.

Hugs Ali x

Unknown said...

O wow this is fantastic Liz, beautiful background paper you did with the embossing, love it xxx

Claire said...

This is lovely hun - great image and the embossing looks fab. Hugs, Claire x

Aileen said...

Wow Liz, you should be pleased! The background is super and your cutting out is superb. Oh it's really cute too. x

Aileen said...

Wow Liz, you should be pleased! The background is super and your cutting out is superb. Oh it's really cute too. x

Karen B. said...

What a great technique to use for this challenge! Love the colors too. Thanks for choosing to play at CAS-ual Fridays!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Emboss resist - such a great technique that carries such a huge punch, don't you think?! You've demonstrated it beautifully here. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

Kryssi said...

Sweet card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Kath Stewart said...

loving what you have done with all these gorgeous heros liz..big hugs kath xxx

Michelle Short said...

You should be pleased with it Liz, it's a lovely card. Beautiful colours and I love the little bird! xx

melsanford said...

Gorgeous card! Love the way you've done the background - it's fab!!! And love the button too :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I have just had a nose at your blog and I am soooo impressed with your cards, they are so beautiful, cute, gorgeous. :)
PS this card, yes you can be pleased with yourself it's BRILL

Laura Davis said...

Very pretty!
Thanks for playing CAS!
Laura

G Peplow said...

Hi there, love this , delicate colouring and clever layering of images, fab card:0) xxx

Laurie said...

That background is fantastic!! I love it!! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Mummylade said...

this is really pretty. Thank you so much for entering the Allsorts challenge with this creation and good luck!

Jaclyn Miller said...

wonderful watercolory background. I like the glaze on the feathers. Thanks so much for playing along with the first ever CAS-ual Fridays challenge.