Friday 11 October 2013

gelli plate fun


Hello. Well as promised earlier in the week I am back to share my first attempts with my Gelli Plate. I have to say, it is as much fun as everyone says. I bought a box of acrylic paints so that I would have lots of colours but the tubes are really quite small. And that's the only thing - it does use more paint than I thought it would! But then think of the money I will save not buying patterned papers - hmmm, we'll see!

So, as well as the background on the card above I made these - 

They look a bit samey but that's only because I need more stencils!

My card also features 'Elvis the Hedgehog' new in at The DigiStamp Boutique. I coloured Elvis with copics, cut him out and popped him up on 3D foam pads. Who says 'arty' backgrounds and digistamps don't work together.
 

8 comments:

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Liz. Love the background, sounds like you enjoyed it hun.

Donna x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous, love the background and that hedgie is super cute too!
Helen x

Sue said...

Awwww adorable image and I LOVE the patterned backgrounds.
Sue xx

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous Liz, I don't have a geli plate but I'm wondering how long before I'm bitten by the bug...lol! Elvis the (digi) hedgehog looks perfect ;)

Vicki x

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card, and so cute and fun too :) Love it xx

Zoe said...

Gorgeous card. The image is so sweet and the papers are brilliant. I love the colour combinations and the layout is great.

Zoe
xxxx

Debs said...

WOWZERS - simply stunning work Liz - I have been talking myself out of getting a Gelli Plate - now I might just cave in lol!!!
Debs xx

Lin said...

Wow Liz these backgrounds are gorgeous!

I am like Debs above, telling myself I don't need new equipment and I don't need a Gelli Plate, but you have made me lust after one now

Lin